In the Supervisor Portal you can view all submitted, open and closed reports. Different filters can be applied so you can narrow down your reports into a specific, at-a-glance list. From here, you can open reports to view, edit and add details.
The Supervisor Portal can only be accessed through the website and is not available through the mobile app. To access the Supervisor Portal from your computer, go to go.sospes.com and log in to the portal using your username and password. Once logged in, at the top of the page, click Supervisor Portal. A user can access the Supervisor portal only if their profile includes the roles of Supervisor, HR or Safety Professional.
Supervisor Portal Filters
Filter Categories Defined
At the top of the Supervisor Portal, you will see filters which can be used to narrow down the list of reports to specific categories. Reports can be filtered by:
This will show only the reports that were reported to have occurred at a specific facility.
This will show only the reports that were reported to have occurred at a specific location. Note, you must pick a facility before using this filter option.
- Report Type
This will show only the reports by report type. The report types are Incident, Close Calls and Observations.
This will show only the reports by report classification. The available classifications are Injury, Motor Vehicle, Property Damage, Environmental Damage, Security Threat, Positive Behavior, At-risk Behavior, Substandard Condition and Suggestion.
- Reported By
This will show only the reports submitted by a specific employee. Selecting an employee’s name from this dropdown will show only reports that were submitted by that individual. If a person’s name is not listed here, that is because they have never submitted a report.
- Injured Employee
This will show only the reports that have a specific employee listed as injured in the report. Selecting an employee’s name from this dropdown will show only reports in which that employee was listed as injured.
This will filter by the status of the report, open or closed. For example, selecting the status as “open” will show a list of only reports that are currently open.
This will filter by the severity of the report. Report severity is classified as OSHA Recordable, OSHA Reportable, Covered by Workers’ Comp or Emergency. For example, if you wanted to narrow down your list to only reports that were covered by Workers’ Comp, you would select “Workers’ Comp.”
- Report Id
This will narrow down your list to a specific Report Id number.
Using the Filters
To apply filters for Facility, Location Report Type, Classification, Reported By, Injured Employee, Status or Severity:
- Under the filter heading of your choice, click on All in the text box. This will open a dropdown list with the available search options in that category.
- Select the option on the list you would like to use to define your report filter.
- For the Classification, Reported By, Injured Employee filters, you also have the option to search for specific words in the dropdown list.
- To do this, click the search icon in the blank text box above the dropdown list and begin typing the specific word until it appears in the list.
- Once the specific word appears in the list, click to select.
To apply a filter by Location, you must first select a facility. Once a facility has been selected in the search field, select the Location. To do this:
- Under Location, click All in the text box. This will open a dropdown list containing your company’s preconfigured locations.
- Click the location from the list to apply the filter.
- You can also search for a specific location by clicking the search icon in the blank text box above the dropdown list until it appears and then selecting it.
To apply a filter for a specific Report Id:
- Under Report Id, click your cursor in the text box.
- Using your computer’s number keyboard, type the Report Id number.
- If you would like to search for all Report Id numbers, leave blank.
Once you have selected your filters, click the button Apply Filters. Below the filter boxes, you will see a list of reports generated based on the filters that were applied.
Setting the Date Range (Start Date and End Date)
You also have the option to filter reports based on a specific date range. To do this:
- Under Start Date, move your cursor to the text box that contains the default date and enter the desired date using the MM/DD/YYYY format.
- You can also adjust the date by moving your cursor on to the calendar icon to the right of the date text box, click the desired date, and then click OK.
- To select the End Date, repeat these same steps in the End Date search field.
NOTE: The date of the report is based on when the incident or observation occurred, not when the report was submitted.
If you would like to merge two or more reports, click here for more detailed directions. (hyperlink)
Set Current Filter as Default
If you would like to always have specific filter defaults when in the Supervisor Portal, set your desired filters and then click Set Current Filter as Default.
- A pop-up window will appear, “Filters data successfully saved.”
- Click OK to close the window and return to the Supervisor Portal.
- To clear your default filters, click Clear Filters.
NOTE: The saved default settings are unique to each login profile. All filters selected will be saved as a default setting except for the Start Date and End Date search fields.
- To clear your default filters and any selected filters, click Clear Filters.
Under the search fields on the left-hand side, you will see Click for icon definitions. An icon legend will appear across the page.
When applicable to a specific report, you may see one or more of these icons to the left of the ID column or to the right of the STATUS column. This will give you a quick, at-a-glance look at which reports fall under these specific categories.
To hide the icon legend, click Hide Icon definitions.
To navigate through the different pages of report results, you will see a page navigation tool at the top left of the page.
- To navigate forward to the next page, click the forward arrow.
- To navigate back to the previous page, click the backward arrow.
- To navigate to the last page of the report results, click the last page icon.
- To navigate to the first page of the report results, click the first page icon.
By default, the submitted reports will be sorted by the occurrence date of the incident, with the most recent reports at the top of the list. However, reports can also be sorted by the following column headings: ID, Type, Reported By, Date, Facility or Status. To sort by one of these column headings:
- Click on the heading title above each column to sort.
- Click once to sort in alphabetical/ascending numerical order.
- Click a second time to sort in reverse alphabetical/descending numerical order.
- Click a third time to return to default sorting order.
NOTE: Report list cannot be sorted by Classification, Time or Location.
Opening a Report
To view a specific report in greater detail, place your cursor anywhere on the row for the report you would like to open and then click on the highlighted row. This will take you to the Report Management screen.